Mid-Senior VFX Editor
Lola Post Production is one of London’s original award winning independent Visual Effects studios, working on a variety of episodic drama, documentaries and feature films since it’s inception in 2000 by Oscar winning VFX Supervisor Rob Harvey.
We are looking for a experienced VFX Editor to join the Lola’s ranks at our Soho studio working on a full slate in 2022/23 on some exciting high-profile shows!
As a VFX Editor at Lola you will (supervise) the editorial team across projects, serving as the hub of the studio and the key link between our clients and our VFX producers, VFX supervisors and VFX artists.
From the ingestion and processing of all footage plus material to maintaining edits and assisting reviews, you will work closely with all departments to keep projects on target. Organisational skills and a meticulous eye for detail are essential, experience with NLE systems (Hiero, Adobe Premiere, Avid, etc.) as well as Nuke and Shotgun is useful.
- Absorbing and processing incoming client material
- Setting up VFX pipelines in collaboration with production, editorial and supervisors
- Maintaining and updating the client edits, and have an encyclopaedic knowledge of the cut
- Flag potential problems with IO or edits to relevant people
- Organise and lead internal and client reviews
- Liaise with clients/edits/conform/other post houses
- Organising asset management and keeping online files organised
- Stringent quality control (QC) of all work prior to it leaving the building
- Sending completed work out to clients via drives and FTP
- Maintaining Project Manager/Shotgrid up to date with key sequence/shot information
- Cut studio showreels
- Maintain routine back ups
- Archive projects after completion
- Retrieve elements when requested
- Clear and concise communication with clients, production and colleagues.
- Must have previously worked in a similar role within a VFX studio on episodic long form and documentary projects
- Excellent understanding of the VFX pipeline process and terminologies
- The ability to multi-task across more than one project
- Extremely organised
- Ability to work under pressure and tight deadlines
- Good knowledge of codecs, LUTs and colour science, including ACES
- Proficient in Hiero and Nuke with Adobe Premiere, Shotgun, Nuke (Davinci a bonus)
- Excellent understanding of frame rates, file formats and aspect ratios
- Experience with a variety of file formats i.e. R3D, DPX, EXR, MOV etc.
- Understanding of EDL’s, XML’s and AAF’s
- Knowledge in TCL and Python advantageous
- Strong technical background
Send Showreels and CV’s to: firstname.lastname@example.org
LOLA POST PRODUCTON IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITIES EMPLOYER
Applicants must be based in the UK, already have the right to work in the UK full-time and be able to work onsite and remote as part of Lola’s hybrid working. This is not a fully remote position.