Senior VFX Editor
Lola Post Production are one of London’s most established boutique VFX houses, working on a variety of TV drama, documentaries and feature films.
We are looking for a full time Senior VFX Editor to supervise the editorial team across some exciting high-profile projects, serving as the hub of the facility and the key link between our clients and our in-house producers, supervisors and artists.
From the ingestion and processing of all footage and material to maintaining edits and assisting reviews, you will work closely with all departments to keep projects on target. Organisational skills and a meticulous eye for detail are essential, experience of Nuke and Shotgun is useful.
As Senior VFX Editor, your responsibilities will include:
- Ingesting and processing any incoming client material
- Setting up VFX pipelines in collaboration with production editorial and supervisors
- Maintaining and updating the client edits, and have an encyclopaedic knowledge of the cut
- Flag potential problems with IO or edits to relevant people
- Organise and lead internal and client reviews
- Liaise with clients/edits/conform/other post houses
- Organising asset management and keeping online files organised
- Stringent QC of all work prior to it leaving the building
- Sending completed work out to clients via drives and FTP
- Keeping the Project Manager/Shotgun database up to date with key sequence/shot information
- Helping with recruitment
- Cut showreels
- Maintain routine back ups
- Archive Projects after completion
- Retrieve elements when requested
The ideal candidate possesses:
- Ability to communicate with clients, production and team members.
- Experience working on episodic long form projects
- Excellent understanding of VFX pipeline process
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to multi-task across more than one project
- At least 2 years’ experience in editorial, ideally in Visual Effects
- Proven organisational experience
- Ability to work under pressure and time constraints
- Good knowledge of codecs, LUTs and colour science, including ACES
- Good knowledge of VFX software i.e. Shotgun, Adobe Premiere, Nuke, Davinci etc.
- Good knowledge of Frame rates, file formats and aspect ratios
- Experience with a variety of file formats i.e. R3D, DPX, EXR, MOV etc.
- Good understanding of EDL’s XML’s and AAF’s
- Knowledge in TCL and Python would be a plus
- Strong technical background
All applicants must have full working rights for the UK at the time of application and hold an appropriate visa where applicable.